I’m looking forward to helping you get started with my interactive training site!
How to Improve Your Tournament Skills:
Take a moment to download and get familiar with my preflop charts in the Tools section:
- Deep-stacked Preflop Charts
- 15bb Preflop Charts
- 25bb Preflop Charts
- 40bb Preflop Charts
- Push/Fold Charts
Take note of how your pre-flop ranges should change based on stack depth. In general, as stacks get shorter, high-card hands go up in value and hands that rely on having good implied odds (suited connectors) go down in value.
The following curriculum will help improve your tournament skills and get you acquainted with the site. Please let me know if you have any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s start with some quizzes:
- Quiz 450 – Mid-stacked as the preflop raiser
- Quiz 465 – Short-stacked on the button
- Quiz 570 – Deep-stacked as the preflop raiser
- Quiz 545 – Deep-stacked from the big blind
Next, it is time for a couple of classes:
Watch 3 Big Mistakes of Small Stakes Players. This can be found in the Classes Section under Technical.
Watch When to Continuation Bet Based on Board Texture. This can be found in the Classes Section under Post-flop.
Test your new skills with the Quiz: When to Continuation Bet in the Classes Section under Post-flop.
Now it is time for some more hand quizzes:
- Quiz 554 – Deep-stacked multi-way pot with Jonathan Little
- Quiz 600 – Mid-stacked, Ace-high board with Matt Affleck
- Quiz 579 – Mid-stacked, connected board with Jonathan Little
Nice job! I hope you’ve been enjoying these quizzes. If you have any questions, please join the Discord channel and ask for help.
I think you’re ready for your first homework assignment!
Complete Homework from 10-18-2019. This can be found in the Homework Challenges section. If you’re unfamiliar with how to complete PokerCoaching Homework Challenges, check out this video walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAd4nu4LyR4
After completing your homework…
Watch Live Webinar from 10-18-2019 Part 1 to see my answer to this homework and how your answer compares.
Let’s take a look at some 3-betting spots now:
Watch Alex Fitzgerald’s 3-betting From Out of Position. This can be found in the Classes Section under Coaching Webinars.
Time for some hand quizzes, dealing with 3-bet pots:
- Quiz 603 – deep-stacked, 3-bet pot from out of position with Jonathan Little
- Quiz 432 – short-stack from the big blind with Jonathan Little
- Quiz 481 – deep-stacked, 3-bet pot from out of position with Jonathan Little
Time for a fun Hand History Review: Watch Part 1 of the £1M Buy-In Tournament Hand History Review. This can be found in the Classes Section under Courses & Bundles.
Let’s end this learning path with one more Homework Challenge. I know that these are tough, but keep working hard and you will drastically improve your skills. Learning how to structure your ranges across all three streets is a vital skill that will help you have a consistent edge at the table!
Complete Homework from 8-16-2019. This can be found in the Homework Challenges section.
Watch Live Webinar from 8-16-2019 Part 1 to see my answer to this homework and how your answer compares. This can be found under Homework Challenges in the Homework Webinars section.
Congratulations on completing your PokerCoaching Tournament Learning Path! This is just a small portion of all of the content on my interactive training site, so make sure to continue to work hard and improve your skills. Good luck in your games and I’ll talk to you soon.
Your Poker Coach,
P.S. Here are a few important community notes (This can be found in the Community section of PokerCoaching.com):
- Join our Private Discord Chat – This is a great way to connect with other PokerCoaching members and to have your questions answered.
- Apply for Backing – Each month I pick a member or two to provide financial backing for a tournament. This is a fun way for me to get in the action while helping my students play in tournaments that are usually a bit too large for their bankrolls.
- Request a Patch – If you would like to wear a PokerCoaching Patch at the table, we will mail you patches!